Flexibility & Time Compression
The new marketplace for manufactured products demands short lead times and high fill rates. Meeting these needs could once be accomplished by carrying more inventory; however inventories are costly and the market is demanding competitive prices.
In these circumstances, profitability requires flexible manufacturing techniques to bring
“produce to order” closer to reality. This means:
Small Lot Production
More Rapid Production Cycle Times
Scheduling Techniques to Signal Production in Quick Succession
In order to achieve flexibility in the current limited capacity environment, conserving time is paramount. Time has become one of our most precious commercial commodities, and manufacturers can no longer afford to squander it through excessive down time, leisurely set-ups, long queues, and production cycles. Total productivity management is a necessity.
Conservation of Time through Flexibility is Capacity Enlargement.
The Remington Group assists clients in time compression and flexibility by:
- Enacting reduction programs to permanently keep set up time at a minimum;
- Compressing cycle time through industrial engineering and process realignment;
- Developing lot sizing criteria for small lot production;
- Implementing Kanban/pull system scheduling and inventory systems; and
- Devising time and flexibility metrics.
Flexibility and time compression ultimately increase capacity. Our value-added assistance pays off in increased throughput. See what The Remington Group can do for your business. Click here to contact us or call 609.497.6400.